Friday 29 June 2012

Busted combo draws...

One thing that plays on my mind is how to classify a player who calls my C-bet on a combo draw, calls my half pot sized bet on the turn after missing the draw, then calls me down on the river after busting my combo draw to show bottom pair leaving me in the muck... Good read or one lucky fish?

Situation:
$0.10 - $0.20 Ring game
Qc-8c on the button
Raised pre-flop (2x Big blind) with one caller

Flop
10c - 4d - 7c

Opponent check-calls my C-bet

Turn
10c - 4d - 7c - Jh

Check-calls my half pot bet again. Something strange is going on here, also chasing a flush?

River
10c - 4d - 7c - Jh - Kd

I bluff at the King chasing the big pot after my flopped combo draw got busted, trying to rep a hand like K-10 to justify my pre-flop button raise and aggressive approach. The player opposite flat calls and shows 2-2, taking down the pot. I know he shouldn't be playing that pot at all but i'm not the kind of player to say anything, after all that is poker i guess! But it did leave me pondering whether he had some sort of ultimate read on my play knowing i would bet a draw after he checked or whether he just saw pocket pair and rapid-clicked the call the button? Fish or Shark... I guess only the bank roll will tell.

The apparently 'deadly deuces'